New Fees Effective November 12, 2018.
Predictable Fee Schedule
Requirements for Standardization of Documents and Definition of a Non-Standard Document
Accepted forms of payment for recordings are cash and check only.
Sangamon County Recorder - A Grantee/Grantor Office Fees – Effective November 12, 2018
Document Preparation is a specialized task that may demand legal knowledge or advice. Black Ink is required.
Documents must contain:
- Name and Address of Preparer
- Return To
- Tax Bill To (if applicable)
- Tax ID# and Common Address (last two items may be acquired at 217-753-6805).
Recording Fees for Real Property Transactions:
Standard 8.5" x 11" paper with at least a 3" x 5" blank space in the upper right-hand corner - $55
Types of Documents:
- Agreements/Options to Purchase
- Coal Lease
- Deeds/Contract for Deed
- Easements (other than public utility)
- Land Grants
- Lis Pendens
- Mineral Deed
- Monument Records
- Mortgages and Notes
- Mortgage Releases
- Notice of Reclamation
- Oil & Gas Lease
- Royalty Deed
- Timber Agreement/Lease
Non-Standard Rental Housing Support Surcharge & Not Meeting Standardization Requirements (click link at top of page) - $75
Deeds/Easements/Leases may require Transfer Tax Stamps - $.50 per $500 value for State plus $.25 per $500 value for County – refer to: https://www2.illinois.gov/rev/localgovernments/property/Pages/default.aspx
Exceptions to Surcharge:
- Judgment Releases
- Notice of Probate
- Power of Attorney
- UCC's and birth records
- death certificates
- marriage records (outside of Sangamon Co) -
Search and Other Non-Recording Requests
- Copies: Certified (all documents except Plats) - $26
- Non-Certified - first two (2) pages - $2 – additional pages - $.25 each
- Call 217-535-3140. Monthly statements provided.
- Faxed Requests/Email Requests require payment in advance or escrow account (up to four (4) pages) cover included - $5 each – add'l pages - $.25 each
(See Copy Requests)
- $25 each
- Copies - $2 first two (2) pages - $.25 each add'l page
Requests must be sent in writing, faxed, or submitted through Copy Requests
Federal or State Lien / Release
These must include the parties' name(s) to be searched, type of lien or release (Federal or State), ID SSN number, amount of lien.
Plats 11" x 17" size - $3 each
Up to 30" x 36" - $5 each
- NAME, DBA, ADDRESS - $10 each
- UCC Copies - $1 each
Veteran's Record DD-214 with ID - No charge
For any additional information call: 217-535-3150.